Monday, January 7, 2008

State Capital Tour

Tonight for FHE we went to the newly refurbished Utah State Capital. I thought with it being 2008, an election year, we could teach the kids a good lesson on government.

They did a great job restoring this historic building. It is very pretty and the updates will help our elected officials be more efficient. The kids and myself wore out pretty quick. We all kept our cool but I could tell that it was not going to be as exciting as I thought. Don't get me wrong we had a great time but a dad always thinks things up in his mind to be much greater than they usually are.

The last room we visited was the Capital Board Room. I would like to call the picture below "The Capital 'Bored' Room."

3 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Oh, that last shot (with custom caption) is priceless. Very funny!

Suzy said...

I love the "Bored" room - They look totally bored. I guess I will cross that off my list of things to do when I come to Utah!

JT said...

Love the bored room pic... so fitting!