Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The 2008 SpudMan Triathlon


After doing my first triathlon last year I decided that I was hooked. I love the push to the limit feeling that a tri gives you. I had talked to several people that said to try and get into the SpudMan in Burley, Idaho. This is a popular triathlon because the swim portion is down the Snake River and thus you can get good swim times.

Well at noon on Monday when registration opened, I hopped on and signed up. It is a good thing that I signed up at noon because the event sold out in 26 minutes. I am very excited to compete in this event. It is on July 26th and features a 1.5K swim a 40K bike finished up with a 10K run. The best part is that four of my good friends also got in.


Here is a picture of me in last years Yuba Man Tri.

7 comments:

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

Mark you are doing a great job training. Almost two weeks crossed off. Love ya

Suzy said...

Way to go Marky Jo!! We will be cheering you on.

The Birch Bunch said...

Nice legs!!

WIKKY said...

Mark... this is Whitney Hammer. How are you? Looks like you are a running fool? That is so awesome. I go about 3 miles and I am good. What a great accomplishment. Keep up the hard work. Running in slush is not fun at all... Your family is darling and I am loving the nicknames!!! Enjoy this year!

davotis said...

hey, i'm lookin to find people talking about the spudman, this is my first tri and im gettin enthused as it gets closer. i am 46 and live in riverton, im a chubby, short grand pa dude but im workin hard at gettin ready....

davotis said...

hello, this is my first race and i'm excited to run in it. have you found any specific bloggs for this years spudman? i want to hear more about it, etc
i'm dave and 46 from riverton,ut

Maggie Stevens said...

Anyone unable to attend the 2008 spudman and want to get rid of their spot?