Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley.


I had the opportunity yesterday in ward conference to sustain President Hinckley. Later in the day I would learn that he had passed away. I love this man very much. I have seen him at general conference and when serving in the bishopric, he dedicated our meetinghouse.

I remember very well a time on my mission when I was teaching a very affluent investigator. I showed him a picture of President Hinckley as I testified of divine guidance in our days. The investigator looked at the picture and was impressed that there was a prophet on earth today and that President Hinckley was that prophet.

I had an impression last night that Joseph Smith was one of the first greeters on the north side of the veil to excitedley congratulate President Hinckley for taking this work to the next level.

When President and Sister Hinckley visited us in Eagle Mountain, he stood at the pulpit and looked out at the vast congregation, made up of mostly children, and said "I look at all these little ones and I am inclined to think, what a gold mine for a Pediatrician."

I am truly grateful for this man!

1 comment:

natalie said...

Mark, thank you for your comments they really brightened my day natalie and I laughed pretty hard reading the last paragraph. that describes president Hinkley to the T. Reading everyones blogs they have all said we are sad and will miss him but, we are happy because he gets to be with his sweet wife. So true so true
Matt