Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January's always bitter...



I have decided that I will not be skiing much more this year. Therefore I am dying to have some spring, summer and fall weather. I do okay in November and December but January and February get long and boring.

I have the itch to go fishing and hiking and biking.(In good weather) The good news is that daylight savings comes in the beginning of March this year. That means that when I get off work at 4:00, at the mouth of the canyon, I can be hiking in 5 minutes. Just talking about it is making me excited.

Brian bought me some awesome hunting/hiking shoes that he found on sale at Cabela's. I have worn them to work the last couple of days. I might start bringing my trekking poles and packing a backpack.

I guess in the end it is always good to have something to look forward to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, did something happen to your face in this picture? Check your left cheek below sunglasses...bug bite? bump? Mom

Suzy said...

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was freezing my butt off at the bus stop this morning. I am totally ready for Spring.

Mark Robbins said...

Mom:

I think that it is a reflection from my sun glasses.