Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's 2008 Get Used To It.

My family seen above, would like to wish you a Happy New Year. As for the title of this post, it goes back ten years to when I was a missionary.

On December 1997 my companion and I retired at 10:00 P.M. on December 31st as per mission rules. I was fast asleep when I heard fireworks, pots and pans and all manner of yelling taking place. I looked over at my companion and said "Happy New Year". All of the sudden the most white trash person I have ever seen yells in our apartment window "it's 1998 get used to it!!!" I started laughing really hard.

The next day we told one of the members about it and he laughed equally as hard. That member named Ozz Daynes or his brother Rob has called me every year since and told me to get used to the new year. It may be one of those "you had to be there" things but I still laugh.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

lol! I love your posts, man. Please don't stop. Happy New Year, yadda, yadda, to you and yours, too.

Ps. Whatcha doin' March 16? Wanna take a little trip to Ogden to help bless a new Webblet?