Monday, March 3, 2008

Pretty nice little Saturday.



Here I am on yet another run. These are starting to get long and frequent. Only a month and a half until marathon day. I feel that I will be ready if I can make a strong push these last 6 weeks. This run was 15 miles. The impressive part of this run is that I did it after a 4 hour rigorous service project at the home of President Boyd K. Packer.




Through a good friend I had the opportunity to go over and help the Packer family re-rock a portion of Little Cottonwood Creek, that runs through the Apostles back yard. President Packer was very grateful. We had a lot of fun including when Brian said that he wouldn't shake his hand due to his "strong grip", in which President Packer replied "okay but if a fight breaks out I want you on my side!"

After all the work was done all of the Sister's Packer had prepared a great big lunch which included the Packer family brownies. It was a very cool experience.

2 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Awesome in both the distance run, and the incredible experience of serving a great servant of the Lord. I'm jealous on multiple levels. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here