Sunday, March 16, 2008

Richard Lyman Robbins.


I stole the picture from Suzy's Blog. Yesterday Dad, Brian and I went on our annual Happy Birthday Dad trip to the Hunting Expo. We have done this for a lot of years. Toward the end of the expo we came to a booth that mentioned a "Mormon ghost town". Dad right on cue said "well that must be a Holy Ghost town!" I am glad that you still have it after 73 years.

I love you a lot old timer. It seems like just yesterday that we were tending a pawn shop together and all the patrons asked me if my grandpa had brought me to work.

Top 5 Richardisms:

5- "Go back you missed one." ( When driving a bumpy road)

4- "Look a 4 point duck." ( In an excited tone while hunting)

3- "Mark , Mark you DON'T have one." (In an excited tone while fishing)

2- "There's 30 deer right there! Do you know how I knew that? I just counted their legs and divided by four." (In an excited tone while scouting for deer)

1- "It comes in a box like this, comes up and around like this and comes up to a point like this" (Describing the gift that he got you before he gave it to you.)

Best Lesson:

"Never watch another man work."- Richard Robbins

3 comments:

natalie said...

I am impressed with your Dad's wit. Now we know where you got it from. Your wife's blog is not accepting comments form me anymore. Tell her I promise I am not a stalker or petifile, just a girl who wants to leave a comment.

natalie said...

Mark I was wondering if you could do me a favor and find out Vanessa Millecham's phone number or if whe has a blog an address for me. I was her maid-of-honor and now I don't even know where she is. I would totally appreciate that. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.