Saturday, March 29, 2008

My little "big" Jazz fan.

Last Tuesday Riley and I went to the Jazz vs. Charlotte Bobcats game. I had a friend give me her tickets on the twelfth row. I have been to 6-8 Jazz games this year. I am a huge fan and follow them very closely. Every time I go, I have to answer to Riley. She loves the Jazz and especially loves DWill.

I have not forced this upon her. She has a Jazz schedule in her room. If I don't know when they play next, she usually does. Her main goal of the night was to get DWill's autograph. I am usually pretty good about hooking things like this up. Riley was not able to get DWill's but did get her picture taken with C.J. Miles. She also got Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver to sign autographs on her ticket and Jazz shirt.

During the game, the Bear came and sprayed her with silly string. I hurriedly snapped this shot.


Her highlight however was giving Kyle Korver a "high five" as he left the court. Uncle Brian called immediately after and said that KJZZ showed the exchange on live TV. Riley was in heaven! The prospects of telling all the kids at school about her big adventure kept that toothless grin shining all night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, RILEY, You are famous now. Can I have your autograph when I see you? Can you get Carlos Booser's autograph for me?? Tell him your grandma lives in Alaska and saw him play ball when he was in high school.
See you soon. Grandma Carla

Suzy said...

Way cool Riley! I love the Jazz too. I am glad that your Daddy has such a good Jazz buddy.

The Birch Bunch said...

Mark-o Polo, You are the coolest dad ever. I am glad you guys had such a great night.

AP said...

Awesome!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Oh, now that's way too dang cool!!

ashlie said...

Mark I found your blog through others and saw your daughter got to meet Kyle! I love him and am so jealous! He is a babe! By the way this is Ashlie(White)!