Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back in the saddle again!

3.3 miles into my 17 miles on Saturday I pulled up lame. I have a rolled tendon that has given me some pain but on Saturday, it was just too much. I went and got me some new shoes, hoping that it would help the pain. I ran 3 miles on Tuesday and felt good. So tonight I went 10 after work.

I had no leg problems. I felt strong most of the run. I am now within two months of the marathon. I have eliminated all soda from my diet. I think that I could already tell a difference a week into a pop-less life. I feel that I still have a ways to go but that I will be ready, ready, ready, ready to run.

9 comments:

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

I am very very glad your run went well for you today.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Mark. Love, Mom

The Birch Bunch said...

Go Go Marky -

The Birch Bunch said...

Nice legs by the way.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Ouch on the tendon - Good on ya for your persistance! I'm sure it was all the magic of new shoes. ;)

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

man you're lookin good

Suzy said...

I agree with Cathy - nice legs!

Anonymous said...

Attention please!
->> Remove Viruses! <<-

WIKKY said...

Way to go!! My sister is training for the Salt Lake. YOu? I can't remember if you blogged that or not. sorry if you think this is weird for me to commment but I think it is so great that you are training for this. What an amazing accomplishment!