Sunday, March 16, 2008

Elevation.


Here is a picture of Mt. Evans just outside of Denver, Colorado(14,264 feet). When we went up to Denver in October we actually drove up to where the gate was "closed for winter". The elevation where we drove to was about 11,500 feet. This road in the summer is the highest road in the lower 48.

I love hiking and the pursuit of conquering elevation. I do not have any real elevation hikes under my belt, unless you count Mt. Olympus. This is something that I want to change. I made a goal at the beginning of the year to summit the 6 peaks of the Wasatch and finish up with an August summit push of Kings Peak.

I love to read about and hear stories about Everest. I don't think that in my lifetime that I will ever seriously think about Everest. However before my life is over I would like to have a respectable summit in my trophy case.

Anybody want to join me for Kings?

No comments: