Saturday, December 29, 2007

Planet Earth with Coop.

For Christmas Gary and Jean gave Sarah and I the complete series of Planet Earth. If you have not seen this I highly recommend it. It was filmed over 5 years and takes a look at every nook and cranny our great world has to offer. I watch it and truly appreciate the creation and all the beauty of the earth.

Tonight Sarah took Riley and Camden to go visit her cousin who is in town from Arizona. I stayed back with Coop who had a fever and a "scratchy tongue" as he put it. I wanted to watch the Jazz and he wanted to watch "channel 33" (Disney) so we compromised and put in Planet Earth. It was fun to watch how captivated he became. He kept looking over at me and saying "WOW!!!" Tonight had no prospect of fun or excitement but watching my son become so passionate about what we were watching was, to say the least, a good time. This is the part of being a dad that I truly enjoy.

Here is Coop watching a pride of Lions attack and eat an Elephant.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I think I'm allergic to your posts, my friend.