Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gordon's and La La's Big Day.

The above picture is of Gordon Canada and his soon to be bride Lauren. They will be married today 12/22/2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. We had a lovely dinner with them and about 50 other people at Treo' (Sarah and I both had the Salmon) in Old Mill last night.

It was a great evening. I was able to sit with all of my best friends including my wife. We had a great conversation and it was truly like the good old days. I look forward to making many more good old days with my friends and their wives. Gordon spoke and did a wonderful job. He said that we get so caught up in life that we often times forget to look and see how truly blessed we are. He spoke of the blessings of friendship and talked about us as his friends. It was an amazing feeling to sit around that table and look at my best friends and realize how blessed I have been.

I often have to explain myself when people ask in shocked tones that I still hang out with my best friends from elementary and high school. I am lucky to see weekly Dustin Tate( BFF since 2ND grade), John Peterson (BFF since 5Th grade) and Gordon Canada (BFF since sophomore year, however I feel like I have known him forever). The explanation that I am inclined to give is that I have not found anyone better. These are the kind of guys that you go into battle with. I know that that sounds cliche' but that is the strongest way to drive my point home. These guys have that greater love that they would lay down their lives for their friends.

I did turn into my Dad last night. When I was asked to give a toast, I stood up and just started to cry. It was awful. I have a lot of love for my friends and the only way to get it out was through my tears.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Friends like that don't come along often. Your tears are the most powerful manifestations of your love that can be offered. I'm honored to have you as a friend.