Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Process of Aging.

At the pictures first glance your immedeate thoughts must be, "looks like the Jazz lost." For purposes of comfort and relief I want you to first and foremost know that I have stopped beating my family over such simple things as the Jazz losing.

At second glance you will soon realize that my oldest daughter Riley lost her first tooth. This was a fun experience for her. Unfortunately Sarah and I were out of town when she lost it.

I know that many of you (probably my mother is the only one reading this) will laugh that little things like a daughter losing a tooth make me feel old. I know that I am still very young and have my best years ahead of me. As I watch my children grow, I can't help but feel even older. They are doing things that I remember vividly doing when I was young.

I guess that the trick is to just enjoy what you are doing while you are doing it. If you spend a lot of time looking forward to what's next and reminiscing about things past you will find little time to enjoy the present.

The tooth fairy was good to Riley and tooth number two is wiggling worse than a fish on the line.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Dude, I had forgotten your amazing power to make me laugh out loud. I'm ecstatic to know that it works in print as well as it does in person, or on the phone.

You've captured the essence of great parenting, aging, and living in the moment perfectly. To be funny and poignant simultaneously is quite a gift. Love it.

I hope the tooth fairy provides compensatory inflation values.