Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Joe "Freaking" Nichols!


If you like country music and have never seen Joe Nichols play live shame on you. He is one of the best I have ever been to. I saw him originally with Alan Jackson. My buddy and I both said that we did not want to be blasphemous but this guy that opened for AJ was probably the better of the two.

A few years ago when he came we got tickets again. Sarah and I were going with Brian and his wife Meagan. When the time came to go to the concert Meagan was not feeling well enough to attend. She was upset and we tried to stay with her but she insisted that we go without her. On the way to the concert Brian said that we have to have Joe call Meagan.

Upon arrival we went and talked to security and met nothing but dead ends. A lady overheard me talking to the security guard and came up and asked if she could help. Her name was Kayla Turner and she worked at 101.5 The Eagle. Her and her husband talked and her husband, one of the coolest guys on the planet, gave me his back stage pass.

After a short line I was able to meet Joe and told him of Meagan who was at home fighting cancer and was not able to attend. I asked if he would mind calling her. Joe took my phone and talked with Meagan for about 3-5 minutes. He was so kind and nice. He kept calling her baby. I will always remember how she sounded a little nervous as I handed the phone to Joe.

After the amazing concert Joe came out and signed hundreds of autographs. Brian and Sarah met him and Brian thanked him for talking to Meagan.

So if Joe is ever close and you want to be totally entertained I highly recommend going and checking him out.

2 comments:

Rob-ness said...

I'm not a big country music fan but what a great story...the world needs more people like Joe Nichols.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Shame on you for making me get teary-eyed at work. I can just see the med-students thinking I have some ocular disease, now. I'll pass the news of Joe Nichols to my wife, who likes that kind of music.