Friday, February 1, 2008

Cleaning House.


My lovely wife signed us up to clean the Conference Center Thursday night. We drove down to the CC at about 9:30 P.M. and worked until just shy of midnight. My job was to vacuum several sections of the floor in the main hall. I felt like a Ghostbuster with the handy pack vac they gave us.

While I was thus vacuuming in front of the stand they brought out an empty casket for measuring and placement practice for the funeral on Saturday. It was a really neat experience. The choir had just finished a rehearsal and they were playing it back over the speakers. It was easy work too. I think that I saw about 3 specs of dust the entire time I cleaned.

I was grateful for an opportunity to serve.

2 comments:

natalie said...

how cool. It's times like these that I wish we still lived in Utah. What a great experience!
Matt

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

You did a good job, Babe!