Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New Found Love.

On Saturday Sarah and I went and ran/walked up to the top of Grandeur Peak. It was a lot of fun. We made good time and enjoyed lunch on the top. On the way down we ran the entire way. This may sound easy but it was good on the legs.

Sarah piled up a couple of times on the trail. I, being a great husband, laughed until my sides hurt. While thus running down the trail I realized that it was about the funnest time I have ever had running. ( Please note that I like to run) We ran into a trail runner and I picked his brain for a moment and determined right then and there that this is an activity that I would like to pursue.

I will be picking up my trail running shoes this weekend. If any of you are avid trail runners, let me know where some good trails are and what is the best equipment is.

P.S. I got my hand looked at and had 2nd degree burns on 4 fingers on my right hand. Should make a full recovery. (If this statement confuses you, scroll down to the next post.)

3 comments:

Rob-ness said...

Remember when we walked/ran home from the 49th street Galleria? That was a fun time!

I check in on your blog to get updates about you...it sounds like things are pretty good. I hope your family is great.

Rob Adams
robadams10.blogspot.com

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Sounds awesome! I miss good trails closer than an hours drive away.

Oh, and ouch, ouch, ouch!

natalie said...

You both look extremely happy here. I am envious of your new found hobby. As far as your burn-What the crap? That is not okay. I am never cooking bacon again.