Saturday, May 3, 2008

Jazz-4 Rockets-2.

This season has been one of the best ever for me as a Jazz fan. Not only have I watched almost every single game, I have attended more in person than any season before. I would say that I am only a few more plates of ham and eggs and a few good rides away from being a season ticket holder. Brian and I bought the post season package and have gone to all the home playoff games which are a riot.

The Jazz took care of the Rockets in game 6 in dominating fashion. After the game as is tradition we went down to cheer on the players as they leave. I know that it sounds like we are 12 years old but the main purpose is for Brian and I to entertain each other. I was wearing my Ronnie Brewer shirt jersey and when he stopped, he waved me over to his car and signed it and John John's (Greg's youngest) Ronnie Brewer jersey. He was so nice and a great guy.


Ronnie in his Range Rover rocking a Rolex.


Then the night got epic. We were driving down the street I believe that it was West Temple when I pointed out Shane Battier (Houston Rockets star) and what looked like a trainer for the Houston Rockets walking down the street. I saw him try and flag a cab to no avail. I thought they must need a ride. We pulled over and asked the former Dukie if they needed a ride. He said that they were trying to find some beer. There was a 7-11 across the street and Battier said " let me run in here and grab some stuff and you can give us a ride back the the Grand America."

While making the purchase we waited in the parking lot and made the necessary adjustments for the 6-8 203 lb.man and his buddy to get in Brian's 2004 Toyota Tacoma. Please keep in mind that we already have 4 persons in the vehicle. The debate was made to give Battier shotgun but we thought for story telling purposes it would be better that they sit in the back seat.

The manager looking fellow said that he would ride in the bed and Battier hopped in the back. Shane was so nice and really spoke highly of the Jazz. We commented on how bad we hated that he nailed those three's at bad times. He laughed and said "that's all I got man." We took a hard right and heard the cargo in the bed slide across. Brian said " oh I am so sorry, I forgot about the trainer!" Shane replied "that guy is actually the president of our organization."

After all was said and done the fact that the President of the Houston Rockets rode in the bed of Brian's Tacoma produced the most laughs.

Shane and Michael in the Taco.



The crew with Shane Battier outside the Grand America Hotel.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Truly epic man!! How do these things always happen to you?? I need to hang out with you more often.

The Birch Bunch said...

ROb didn't believe me. It was a good thing you had pictures.

Cathy

Wades said...

Should have asked him if he could have his GM initiate a swap for he and AK

Hoopswim said...

Hahaha, that is fantastic! I was going to kick Ronnie Turiaf in the shin at Disneyland, but he escaped me...

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I don't even know what to say. That's one of the best stories I've heard in a long time, surplanting the last best story (coincidentally, also related by you.) Sweet.