Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Sweet Backyard.


Last weekend I went with Brian and Michael as they attempted to harvest a mule deer with archery tackle. We were within 20 minutes of my house in a very special/secret hunting spot. It is amazing that we have such amazing resources right in our backyard. I saw deer and watched about 20 Rocky Mountain goats play in the steep rocks above. Every now and then they would spill a rock of the high cliffs, creating a thunderous avalanche. It was an amazing sight to behold. It did not help me get any sleep. Neither did the fact that Brian and I were sharing a two man tent. Nevertheless it was a blast.




Here are some of the goats as they traversed a ledge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you and I invite you to come and check out my backyard. C.I.A. (carla in Alaska)

Brian "freaking" Robbins said...

Doesn't count mom. We have lived here forever.
b.i.s.p (brian in special places)

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Sounds like an awesome time. I wish I could climb like those goats.